Saturday 7 June 2014

Water water everywhere

I'm feeling happy !!! The water feature adventure has taken a few turns but now were nearly sorted with it . Once we discovered the orange conveyor and dad cut it up a while ago we were going to use one length in a narrow galvanized tank , then I found the tank with chunky rivets that I made Brian empty the glass out of , well it still wasn't quite right , so I finally settled on a really cool square black tank , which will have a small galvanized tank inside for the water feature , and leave space for a bog area. Brian suggested that the green combine harvester prongs I wanted to use would look great speared through the orange channel , we layed them on and he was right they looked great , then through talking and trying different ideas out we loved using both lengths side by side , so  then it was the difficult task of working out the water flow and drop , what did I do with my mathematic equation degree hehe , cutting the shapes in the right places and hoping it works , if I cut it wrong I don't have another couple of  spare orange channels to use. I won't lie I was nervous , but we did the first one and it worked then the next . Then it was time to go to work , so reluctantly we left it , next morning we got up early and went straight out to finish the job , eureka  as Jonny Ball would say it works , well with a watering can anyway !! 

No comments:

Post a Comment