Monday 9 June 2014

Hopper demolition

Dad and Brian have  been working on the roof of the pavilion today , we were going to get some steel fabricated for the roof , but it just didn't feel right using brand new steel in a reclaimed garden , so after having a poke about dads yard of awesomeness talking through possible options , dad said we could use the legs from the hopper that hasn't been used for Years , it is an incredible thing the patterns of rust on it are beautiful and it has a great lid . Future show garden ideas are buzzing in my mind haha          ( don't tell Brian what I'm planning for next year) 
Did I tell you how great my dad is  , after agreeing to let us use his legs , he spent the whole day , getting the teleporter dismantling , grinding
metal , and welding the frame for the ceiling , it was a two man job , so my other no 1 guy Brian   Helped with dismantling , welding and cutting too . Then tonight my friend Gillian came over for coffee and insect hotel making, Brian said he was going to chill out , but just couldn't resist helping out a bit more ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment