Friday 27 June 2014

Day two

I was tempted not to write about day two , because it was hard but I think I should a little bit. We knew we wanted to get some bits from wickes , so once on site Brian and I went to find it , we'll it took blooming ages , I had a rough idea where one was , but as we left the show site Brian asked the man and he gave us directions to another one , and so the wild goose chase began ! Then we tried the sat nav and that took us to a random destination , then Brian spilt a can of coke all down himself, and the van started playing up too! Argh 
I was getting a bit annoyed at all the time we were wasting , but we ended up near to where I had seen a wickes so we found it on goggle maps and we were one street away , hallelujah . 
We got back to site and dad , Sophie and Matt had done loads which was great , we worked on laying out the metal grids for the flooring , which took a few goes to get right , digging , turf stripping , floor leveling , all time consuming but important jobs  . Then Sophie had to leave to go to an awards evening ( her dad and the green backyard have been put on the independents Happy list , how cool is that ) 
I was feeling a bit down about how everything seemed to take the long way round, added to that discussions and complications about the oil drum feature wall , and everyone feeling very tired , plus were doing long days , I felt a bit tearful , a magic hug from dad seemed to make it all better . In the evening it started to rain and was time for Brian and dad to return home to sunny Peterborough , I'm gonna miss them massively on the build  , but dads got a holiday to get to ! And the kids and pizza shop won't look after themselves . 
The journey back to our little Richmond house was the best so far , Matt's phone took us on a duel carriage way that got us there much quicker , then in the evening I went to see some family in Kingston and had a great catch up and supper , thanks Liz , Annabella and Matthew ( and kids ) 

No comments:

Post a Comment