Saturday 19 July 2014

Starting inspiration Phyllis Wheatley

It Saturday afternoon and its lovely to be back home , I've never been away from home for so long and while the wonderful roller coaster of RHS show garden building is totally brilliant , I wouldn't last long if I did it all the time , one a year is plenty . Indi has her friends over and they wanted to go to the park , we hardly ever go to the park because our garden is a wild and wonderful haven of nature and peace , so we got star and set off to the park , while they played I thought I'd go and sit on Grandmas bench in the church yard and I realized that she played a big part in getting me where I am now . I grew up on a farm with my parents and brother and have always felt really connected to the land, it's seasons and nature. I never really focused on gardens but always on beauty , nature and art . As my grandparents got older I helped them with looking after there garden and totally fell in love with this magical garden  , one day while mowing the lawn I just realized this is where I want to be . I never realized it would actually happen but about 9 years later I was able to call it home and the adventure of gardening and garden design took hold of me .

No comments:

Post a Comment