Tuesday 8 July 2014

Judgement day one

So it's Sunday morning the last push before judgement day !! We're still not ready , so once on site Michelle and I cleared the soil from under the stage and put it around the plants , latex the man hole covers down in there final resting space where actually they look the best they have  , more planting then gravel time , I love the gravel bit because it transforms everything so quickly. Lovely Show manager Dave Green and love Tim cleared are left over soil for , I felt so guilty but grateful. (I think they were nervous we wouldn't finish ) but I had every faith. It was a very intense morning and the assessors were getting closer and closer. Then they arrived Arne Maynard ooh , Andrew fisher Tomlins and two very nice people came and asked me to explain the garden , I imaginarily shook their hand because they were the most disgusting soil and gravel combo, they laughed . And after explaining we left them to scrutinize the garden ,to have a much needed cup of tea. We just walked in a daze looking for the new tea space . Then I cried when I spoke to Brian on the phone a mixture of relief , exhaustion and elation at pulling it off . We did that . Then after tea break it was time to go back and finish the garden . Sarah from Metal (sponsors)turned up ready for duty , as dad super hubby Brian ,we all work so hard! if I thought Saturday was hard this was harder, we were seeing everything with judges eyes now and picking faults all over the place. I really was a muck magnet and got quite a few funny looks . 

No comments:

Post a Comment