Friday 13 September 2013

It's Thursday and I need to get finished

I arrived back at the show ground at 6am and worked like a maniac sorting the planting out on the decking and the grasses around the oak sculpture . I bought some more plants achillea and delphiniums from roanne nursery , millet and asters from the cheeky chaps at Lockyer's. then the photographers and news reporters turned up , me no make up and looking like a scruff frantically trying to finish . They were all lovely to me though and BBc look north stayed for ages. Once the gravel went down it really started to take shape. Then I found out I only had until 2 pm not 3pm argh . I was running here and there! Paul Watson and Ian from ripon walled garden helped me clear up my mess from around the garden so that the lawn mower could tidy up . I finished just in the nick of time exhausted and relieved . Then the tears came, I'm an over emotional soul .but I was so happy with how it looked and relieved . I spoke to Brian to let him know we had done it . And then just tweaked bits and bobs while waiting for my turn with the judges. They came over and asked me questions about the garden and then it was time to leave . Time to get a cup of tea and make my way home not knowing what they might like or if they noticed any faults . I drove home thinking of all the bits I could have done better.











No comments:

Post a Comment