Thursday 2 June 2016

Time for a change

Time for an update the design has changed slightly in regards to the rain collection gazebo , I was having lots of problems sourcing a roof for my gazebo , I wanted it to be a rain collector but was always concerned about losing precious space underneath the canopy , as well as keeping it visible . Prices for a large polycarbonate dome were really high and I was getting worried I wouldn't be able to create it within budget and even if it would be any good when done. I just didn't feel right about it . So I did what I always do went walk about the yard , when you look with an open mind suddenly the possibilities become endless and magic seems to happen I was looking at some left overs from an art  piece I created last year from one of dads grain silos and thought if only it was bigger it would make a great roof , I pondered this idea and slept on it still stressing over the dome  situation . Next day talking to Brian he said about having a look at options and pointed out the bigger grain silo and said it could be cut down and used for the roof , aha were on the same wavelength and there the idea came . I spent the evening drawing up the new plan . I felt so much happier and suddenly the project sprang into action. Dad came over and we set about carving the silo up. it looks pretty crazy  and when on the fork lift it looked like something from madmax .

No comments:

Post a Comment