Friday 3 June 2016

Rain , first day of summer and a happy dad

It's all go and I'm feeling a little manic right now there are a Million things to do , phone calls , emails , visits , still more sourcing , form filling , organising- the list is endless , it has been a freezing week , wind,  rain , cold, more like the first week of winter not summer . Sunday was lovely we visited friends in York drinking cider in the sunshine ( the last day off I will have for quite a while ) then Monday came with the wind and rain . But it's all good because we we're in the shed , I may have mentioned that my dad is truly a brilliant human being and I'm very lucky to have him as mine ( I need to say now my mum is just as wonderful ) not only does he have a farm yard full of wonderful rusty objects I can pilfer and regenerate into new leases of life . He doesn't need the shed until the harvest comes in so we get to take over for a month . As if this wasn't enough he has been working his socks off turning my design into a reality . This is by far my most ambitious project and I'm really excited with how it's panning out so far . There have been so many happy coincidences , perfect fits , and lightbulb moments . One of the best things has been the working out and problem solving getting our Brains working to make the different elements work , especially dad - he loves a challenge and there have been plenty of those . Work has gone great on the circular platform and the water feature for the wing gazebo . Brian has been back and forth picking stuff up like hard wood bog mats from Marwoods , and tools etc . The other day we went to the most amazing stone yard come reclaim yard come landscaping centre Bannolds in Fen Drayton Huntingdon . It poured it down but I was in heaven every type of stone you could imagine , boulders , slate , features , beautiful display gardens and all surrounding a beautiful barn conversion . I left soaked but very happy , then onto Barchams to pick out my final tree selection , more rain but some lovely trees . Then back home to check on progress, it's great having my A
team around me to get things done . 

No comments:

Post a Comment