Sunday 5 June 2016

Heavy metal weekend

Phew it's been a long weekend but so much is happening and getting done . I feel better each and every time something works or comes together . This is by far the biggest and most ambitious build I've undertaken and in someways the most nerve wracking  because I need to rely on other people people's expertise to bring it to fruition. The rain collecter roof is getting there now , the curves have made for some very interesting angles and fixings . Not to mention engineering skills . And with the galvanising deadline being Monday at 1pm we have been putting in the hours to get it done . Andy has been cutting and welding , dad has been doing most things  and masterminding solutions, Brian has been making the table tøp , citing metal and making benches with Andy as well as collecting much needed stuff like materials -wood , metal etc and making wonderful lunches . Luke has been assisting dad with various tasks, Rod helped with woodwork and even dads friend Tom has helped out today . You definitely get more done with more hands . I'm really excited about the benches we are constructing i had been thinking about different options and then today I came up with the solution ,I love the shape and I'm really loving the continuity of materials through the garden too
, the reclaimed bog mats have been a total triumph allbeit a very heavy one , that wood is like iron . I have linished , grinded, cut and lifted more metal in the past few day than ever before ive also not been told I have a mucky face this often before , I'm ready for a shower and a good night sleep ready for tomorrow. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment