Monday 19 May 2014

Shepard hut and sunshine

This story begins 18 months ago , after farming a council farm for 23 years it was time for dad to give up the farm , well you can imagine the accumulation over that time, sheds with all sorts in! (My kind of heaven ) dad had asked if I wanted to have a look around and see if I wanted anything . There was an old paddock behind the main shed and we were having a look about , when I clapped eyes on an old trailer base and my mind started turning ideas over , and I knew in a second it would make a perfect Shepard hut base . This started the idea for my last show garden The Artisans retreat garden . 
You see Brian and I are far to lazy to just make something for the fun of it  , I loved the idea of having a Shepard hut but A they are very expensive and B it would take an awful lot of work , so in that moment I realized that building the hut for the show garden to fit on the trailer base afterwards , I would get a great show garden done and have something beautiful at the end of it . Well it definitely worked in the show garden and We won best in show for our effort . But there it lay stacked in a pile when we got home . Then about a month ago we decided to get to work putting it in our garden . First job was to pull out a dead tree trunk and metal structure we had experimented with but it didn't work out . Dads with tractors are very helpful ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment