Sunday 11 May 2014

Getting into the flow





It's Friday and dad was coming over to help us finish putting up our Shepard hut , but as he turned up we decided it was far too windy so we started chatting about the water feature for the show garden, we got the tank out we are using and removed the ballcock and some timber that was attached , then we went to have a look at dads yard which is always a gold mine for one of my projects. I noticed a really cool looking conveyor that no longer works and was destined for the scrapyard, last year I used the belt from it which had turned a really great streaky turquoise colour. Now I was noticing the orange and rust metal frame . Dad said we could use it and set about it with a grinder to take it apart . Meanwhile I got to work cleaning the grease off the yellow pavilion supports. Once it was apart we took it into the shed and I realized just what a find it was the body of it is a perfect fit for the water tank and will form the splash back for the water feature . The angle sections are going to be perfect for the stage frame and the wheel  sections will make perfect table legs . Yay I'm so happy with today's progress !!
I'm so glad it was windy after all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment