Tuesday 1 April 2014

Let the show garden adventure begin !

So I haven't posted for a while , what with hibernating for winter and missing the sunshine . I've been busy behind the scenes designing a show garden for RHS  Hampton court palace flower show in July . The garden is going to be an urban space for arts and entertainment organization Metal. Last year I was lucky enough to work as one of four bursary artists on the brilliant "upon this rock " lantern parade . When they found out I was also a garden designer and did so well at Harrogate autumn flower show they offered to support me in fourfiling my dream of creating a garden at Hampton court. So we got together with Sophie Antonelli from the greenbackyard to design a garden for Chauffeurs cottage in Peterborough , it needed to be flexible so that a couple of cars could still park and feature a stage for performances, space to grow herbs, fruit and veg , bring trees into the space and generally turn a car park into a lively and creative space to spend time and work in. The challenge for this design has been to create a show  garden design that has the same elements as the Metal garden and work equally well for both .Here is the design which I'm so happy to say has been selected for Hampton court ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment