Wednesday 2 April 2014

Collecting some goodies

It's been a fun day today and I really feel like the project is moving from paper to reality. The garden is going to be built from reclaimed and recycled industrial materials scaffold boards for the benches , deck, and planters. Expanded Metal for the underplanted stage , oil drums for the edible grow zone and feature at the back of the garden. I am amazed at the generosity of local companies Earls scaffolding in Yaxley have donated two pallets of used scaffold boards Mark and his dad were so nice and helpful they even loaded them onto the trailer for us. Vivacity and the Key theatre have oil drums left over from a performance last year. So today we went and collected the oil drums and scaffolding so that we can begin to build the elements (when I say we it usually means me and Brian , me coming up with ideas and Brian having to figure out how to make it happen ((sorry Brian I must remember to show him more appreciation as he usually gets the hard work and not much of the glory)) 

No comments:

Post a Comment