Tuesday 25 November 2014

Wintery week of wonders


Last Monday I got to meet the team at LDA design Landscape  Architects.  They invited me to go in and talk about what creating the 'A Space to connect and grow' garden at RHS Hampton was like . They are a really nice bunch of people and have an massively  impressive portfolio of work such as the Olympic park and cathedral Square Peterborough to name just a couple . They were really interested in my plasma cutting work so watch this space . 
Then the long awaited preview night arrived. I haven't put together a big exhibition for ages and I loved being a part of it, I managed to create 18 pieces for the Stamford "winterworks" exhibition which continues until December 9th at the Stamford Arts Centre open until 9.30 everyday except Sunday's . It's been a brilliant success so far,  I've sold 5 pieces in the first 3 days one of which was "Birds in bare trees" one of the main pieces . So I'm going to take another big piece in to replace it . This has really given me an appetite for exhibiting again , I better get planning for the next one . On  Saturday morning  I was back in Stamford for a craft fair and had a great day with Sue Shields, Kathryn Parsons and Sam Rodden , where we shared a stall . Drank tea wondered around and sold some work .

No comments:

Post a Comment