Friday 19 September 2014

Winfield house

I've had a very lovely day today , first I went on a lovely bike ride the first time for ages then I worked on a survey I'm drawing up at the moment . Then I went to London , with a couple of hours to kill before the main event I went for a mosey around the V &A which I totally love I could spend days there taking it all in . Then
 as I've been lucky enough to be asked to go to the landscape show next Tuesday and sit on a panel to discuss how to take garden design forward in the future it's very exciting and a little bit scary too ,as I'm not sure how good I am at talking in front of crowds . Anyway I'm gonna jump in and give it a go !! So back to today the landscape show team organised a lovely party to meet and greet at Winfield house which is the US Ambassadors residence in London . We got to look around the exquisitly beautiful rooms ,which  included some very impressive modern art , delicious wine and nibbles , a tour of the beautiful gardens by the head gardener . It was so lovely , I especially loved purple border garden with  grapevines trained up large obelisks they looked stunning .we were shown the impressive plans for the New US embassy that is being built at the moment . I met some very nice people although I did feel a little bit socially awkward,  oh well practice will make perfect . It's been a good day . 

No comments:

Post a Comment