Friday 1 August 2014

Southwold

For years and years I've wanted to go to southwold well we finally made it on Monday (you should always get to do what you want on your birthday) we arrived at southwold pier it was quite cold and windy but I was transfixed by the amazing work of multi talented artist and engineer Tim Hunkin ( I bet he's got a plasma cutter) in my own work I have been experimenting with ways to use kinetic movement and light and sound . The trouble is there is so much to explore and try , I get totally carried away with ideas and there are only so many hours in the day. Any way Tim Hunkins under the pier show is totally brilliant , with gems such as "rent a dog ", "fly drive" and "is it art"  . It's all so brilliant and funny I wanted to spend more time and go on everything (well make Brian and the kids go on them mostly) . I would love to learn from him ! www.timhunkin.com www.underthepier.com
Southwold is so beautiful full of lovely seaside cottages and cute nooks and crannies I could stay for a week drawing and exploring I will definitely be back soon . 



No comments:

Post a Comment