Wednesday 14 August 2013

Like a kid in a sweet shop !

I'm having so much fun today!
My friend Gill came round this morning with lots of beautiful stained glass so that I could make a stained glass picture for the window of the stable door for the show garden. Gill is a brilliant teacher, but she's also a dab hand at stained glass windows , were doing this one a bit differently to save on time , putting the lead on takes lots of time and as we have just three weeks left until show time we decided to make a picture instead . First gill showed me how to cut the glass in straight lines and curves . Then we played around with shapes and colours , I really liked the geometric patterns that were emerging , but not following a strict pattern or design was great fun too. After cutting the shapes , we cut out an oval piece of glass to fit the frame . Once happy with how it looked I glued the piece's to the oval with glass glue , let it dry and then grouted it with flexible black grout . It was so lovely working out side in the sunshine . And finishing a job in the same day. I'm really satisfied with the result.











No comments:

Post a Comment